Friday, August 22, 2014

Potty Training - Day #3

We started off day 3 with a bang...poop in the potty as soon as he woke up..bam!
Then, he kept his undies dry for nearly 2 hours. He kept holding it and holding it and I kept
watching and watching wondering if we were really turning a corner.

I finally checked to see if his undies were dry and noticed they were a little damp.  I know for a fact he did not have a full blown accident, but I think when he plays and jumps around it's 
hard for him to hold it all in.  This is where it gets tricky.  Do I leave him in wet undies and
continue waiting for him to tell me when he has to go potty?  Do I change his undies and put
him on the potty, even though by doing that I lost an opportunity for him to be able to tell me
when he had to go?  This situation happened a few times today.  One time I tried changing the undies without putting him on the potty, but as soon as I took the old ones off it was like the cold air triggered something and he started peeing before I could get the dry ones on.

I've decided right now I'm utterly confused, somewhat frustrated and a little defeated.  I get
into my own head a lot and I can't help but feel like maybe I am doing something wrong.
Maybe I am not positive enough.  Maybe my treats are not exciting enough to make him
want to use the potty.  Maybe I'm not doing a good enough job of hiding my frustration.  OR
maybe he really just is not ready.  It's hard not to blame myself though when the plan I'm
following claims anyone at least 22 months old can be potty trained in 3 days.
 
I try to be really positive.  I try to make it fun.  I even cut out PB&J sandwiches for him today
in the shape of a boy trying to go along with the whole "big boy" theme.
 
  
  For some reason though, he would rather pee in his undies than tell me he has to use the 
potty.  I'm not completely giving up yet.  With Ryan home for the weekend I have
reinforcements.  I'm going to run out tonight and grab a new and exciting selection of potty
presents and I'm going to have Ryan keep me in check to make sure I'm the most
positive mommy I can be.  By the end of the weekend if we're still not there, so be it.  It's
hard to give up entirely after today though when we have seen little bits of progress.
Come on little buddy....I know you can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment