Saturday, August 16, 2014

Owen's First Haircut

Today was a big day in the Kalita household...Owen's first haircut. 

 

His hair is so cute when it's long with its beautiful red hue and little curls, so we were holding out for as long as possible.  Once he had to start brushing it out of his eyes we knew the time had come for a cut. Going in we knew we wanted to keep it long and just clean it up a bit. I was scared that if I took him to a kiddie cut place they wouldn't know how to cut it right
to keep it longer and still looking as cute as ever, so I took him to the girl who cuts my hair.


Anyone can imagine that walking into a nice salon with Owen in tow is a little daunting.
Truth be told, Ryan and I were terrified and fearing the worst. I was armed with a DVD player, sour patch kids, fruit snacks and a sucker.  I was ready!  A nice quiet Sautrday morning at Élan Salon and in walks the Kalita family.   As Ryan held Owen and I pushed
Joe in the stroller, we politely walked past the ladies quietly reading their magazines and
checked in.  Edith, my most favorite hair dresser I've ever had, came to greet us.
She walked us back to her chair and what happened next will most likely surprise you.



Owen did AMAZING!!!!  Amazing is actually an understatement.  If there was a word beyond
amazing, that is how he did.  He sat on Ryan's lap and did not make a sound the entire time
she cut his hair.  No cries, no fussing, no yelling, nothing!  He quietly sat there looking at himself in the mirror and letting Edith work her magic.
 

Occasionally he would give her a glance or pull his head to the side because he couldn't
figure out what she was doing.  I'm sure for a toddler it feels really weird to have someone
cut your hair.  Hearing the snip of the scissors, feeling the hair fall on your neck, but not quite understanding it all.  Even still, no protests, just inquisitive looks.



My favorite was when he started making faces at himself in the mirror.

 
 
Then Daddy joined in on the fun with him.


And while Owen and Ryan were making faces at each other in the mirror,
Joe sat quietly in his stroller watching all the action.


His haircut even ended in style with a fancy little blowout.  ;)
 
 

I am so proud of Owen and I could not have asked for a better experience for his first
hair cut.  Not only was he so well behaved and made it lots of fun, but Edith gave him a
great haircut!!  His hair looks just as cute as it did before we walked in.  A little shorter, but still maintaining his signature red curls.  Exactly what we wanted.
Awesome job Owen!!  You are such a handsome little boy!!



And don't worry because I saved us a special little momento to help us
always remember your very first hair cut.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment