Thursday, November 30, 2017

GoVember

Lively, a running store in Oak Park, puts a challenge out every November called GoVember. 
There are three levels you can attempt to complete:

The Ernest Hemingway - all E/W streets in Oak Park (~40 miles)
The Betty White - all N/S streets in Oak Park (~70 miles)
The Ludacris - all streets in Oak Park

For those of you who don't know this, I may have a bit of a competitive side to me.  Last
year I finished the Ludacris challenge only halfway through the month, which is...ludicrous!
I won and was super excited, but I also could barely walk and had to walk my last 6 mile run
because my knee was so sore.  I may have let my competitive side get the best of me.

This year I knew we were going to be in Disney for a week, and then in WI for another week
over Thanksgiving so I opted for the Betty White challenge.  My goal was to be done
before we went to Disney (and to win of course). ;)

I'm proud to say that with the help of Katy and Jessica, I accomplished both of my goals.



Katy and I were the first two to turn in our completed maps on November 11th.
Over 70 miles in 11 days.  Not bad!  And good news...I can still walk.


What's even better is Jessica and Joe's teacher Nancy were 3rd and 4th to turn in their maps, so we all got matching shirts.  Another successful GoVember is in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment