Friday, November 17, 2017

Disney - Final Thoughts

When we were leaving I asked the boys their final thoughts on Disney...



Consensus...Owen's favorite ride is Thunder Mountain, Joe's is Buzz Lightyear, and neither
like the Dinosaur ride.  But Joe's favorite thing overall about Disney
was going to sleep with his puppy lovey.

As long as I was asking the kids their thoughts, I figure I might as well jot mine down too.
More ammunition for when I plan next time around.  ;)

Funny enough, as much as I love planning, one thing I'm thankful for is I'm learning to relax
more on these trips.  Each trip I get a little more familiar with the parks...the layout,
shortcuts to get from point A to point B, which rides we like and which ones we might
need to wait a few years to revisit, where we like to eat, etc.  Being a little more
familiar makes it easier to be spontaneous.  

This time we left a lot of our dinners free and I really liked that.  We didn't feel rushed every
evening.  Last time we were always waking the kids up from naps and rushing out the door
to be on time for our dinner reservations, only to be left with kids on the verge of meltdowns
at dinner.  We bypassed all of that this year and it was wonderful!  Plus it was fun
experiencing character meals for breakfast and lunch. 

Another thing we did this year that we didn't do last visit was go to the resort pool.  I fall into the trap of wanting to spend as much time as possible at the parks since our time is limited.  But after playing with the boys at the pool I realized that sometimes it is just as fun to take a break from all the craziness of the parks and let loose.  Next time I'd like to spend even more time hanging out at the resort.  For how much we spend to stay there, it only makes sense to enjoy it for things other than sleeping.

My favorite rides this time around were Winnie the Pooh, Toy Story Mania and Thunder Mountain.  I also LOVED the Lion King show.

It was a whirlwind week, but as always I'm leaving with tons of happy memories.
It already makes me excited for our next trip.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment