Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring Break Fun - Day 3

When I was thinking of what I wanted to do this week, I made the plan for us to come to the
zoo today.  There was rain in the forecast, but I was hoping we might get lucky.
Unfortunately for us it was raining when we woke up, but I still decided to take them to the zoo anyway.  I figured we could stay inside at the Hamill play zoo to keep dry.  It is right near the zoo entrance, so we didn't have far to walk in the rain.  

I'm glad I made the decision to go because the boys loved exploring everything.

They checked out the snakes (GROSS!),


watered plants in the greenhouse,



tried out the face paint, but quickly decided they wanted no part of that messiness,


took care of the animals in the animal hospital,




made an art project, and pretended they were the zoo director.


 The morning was going great.  But then I had the bright idea of walking over to the dolphin
show.  We don't go often, and it sounded like a good thing to do since we were trying to
keep busy indoors.  The show is indoors after all.  What I didn't factor in was how long the
walk was to get there.  It normally doesn't seem that far away, but when it is pouring rain
that walk seemed to take forever!! We were soaked!!
But we didn't let a little rain spoil our fun.



After the show it was still raining so we went next door to have lunch hoping the rain would
pass.  Apparently today was not our lucky day because the rain continued and only got
worse.  We finally had to deal with it and run in the rain back to the car.  I think all of us,
myself included, could not wait to get home and get into some dry clothes.  My plan for the
day didn't work out perfectly (having some umbrellas might have helped), but I
accomplished my goal of keeping us busy and entertained.  Weather 0, Mom 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment