Friday, March 31, 2017

Spring Break - Day 4

For our final Spring Break hurrah, I took the boys to a toddler cooking class at the Sugar
Beet Schoolhouse.  I was so excited about this one.  Normally they would be in the kitchen
and make a snack together, but unfortunately the schoolhouse had a camp for older kids all
week long, so the toddlers were out in the greenhouse today.  Because of the limited space
the instructor did more of a demonstration as opposed to letting the kids make something.
She demonstrated how to make Chai tea.  It seemed like an odd choice to make for
toddlers, but the boys didn't mind.  They watched and listened as she
walked through all the ingredients and got the tea started. 

While they waited for it to heat up they each got to break open a cardamom pod (one of the ingredients) and check out the seeds inside.  They had fun with that.


Once the tea was ready, they gave it a try.  Much to my surprise, both Owen and Joe drank
a little.  I was certain they were going to turn their noses up at it, but I was 100% wrong.
I tried a little myself, and I can see why they drank it.  It was delicious!


Since the tea was a relatively short project, and the class is an hour long,
they spent the last few minutes potting their own tomato plants to take home.



  I was a little bummed that the class wasn't what I expected it to be, but the boys had a
great time.  When we left Owen actually told me how much he liked it.  I'm pretty sure this
was just a crazy week with Spring Break and I plan on giving it another try to see
what it's really like at a normal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment