Thursday, December 15, 2016

Elf-capades

Twinkle Little Star seems to be enjoying his stay at our house.  










The boys go look for him every morning when they wake up.  It's hilarious to hear their
reactions when they find him.  The one morning when he was on the swing, Joe was so
confused.  He asked me, "Mommy, did you put him there?"  I told him no.  "Did Daddy put
him there?"  Again I told him no.  He looked up at him again and asked, "How did he get up
there?"  I explained that he must have felt like swinging while we were all sleeping.

Whether or not they understand how he moves around, they are entirely convinced he talks
to Santa.  We had gone to the mall and the boys were not listening at all.  We ended up
cutting our shopping trip short and came right home.  I told the boys I was going to tell the
elf and Owen lost his mind!  He was crying, "Nooooo Mommy.  Don't tell the elf.
Nooooooo!", the whole walk from the car to our back door.  I think my neighbors might have
thought something was really wrong based on the screams they heard.  He truly believed the elf was going to tell Santa he was not listening and he was going to get no presents.

And now, Joe has taken it one step further and will even tattle on Owen to the elf.  Both
Ryan and I have caught him walking up to the elf, shaking his finger at him and telling him
exactly what Owen has done wrong whether it be not listening, taking one of his toys, etc..

Let's just say Twinkle has become a great bribing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment