Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

 One of the sweetest things I'll remember about this Christmas is something Owen said to
me as I was getting excited and counting down the days.  I told him there were only 5 more
days and then Santa would come and we'd get to open presents.  He looked at me very
excitedly and told me, "And we'll get to see all of our family and get lots of hugs.  Christmas
is about family."  How sweet is that? It sums up Owen's personality perfectly.  He is a rough,
tough, energetic little boy, but he is one of the sweetest, most sensitive little kids I know.  I'm
sure he was super excited about the presents, but he was also genuinely excited to be able
to spend time with all of our family.  Even Joe kept telling us how excited he was to go to
"Uncle Kay's" house (Uncle Kevin and Aunt Kay's).  Near the end of the month we'd look at
his advent calendar, figure out how many days were left, and he'd say, "and then we go to
Uncle Kay's house."  No mention of presents or Santa, just Uncle Kay's house.  I'd like to
think that Ryan's and my love for family is rubbing off on them. 

We love to be able to spend time with all of our family during Christmas, so we're typically
jumping from one celebration to the next.  We started right away Christmas morning by
having Tim, Val and the kids over for breakfast.  Then later that night we all met up again at
"Uncle Kay's" to celebrate Christmas with the Slawin side of the family.  As always, since
Tim and Ryan are the only ones with kids, there is no shortage of gifts for them.
All of the aunts and uncles love to bring gifts for the little ones.







And Ryan and I were the proud recipients of a bottle of Poo-Pourri.


I brought it as our white elephant gift thinking it was so funny.  Little did I know that half of
Ryan's cousins not only knew about it, but use it.  After all of the gift stealing and swapping,
we were the lucky ones to take it home.  Thus began my love for Poo-Pourri.  The stuff is amazing!  You spray a few sprays into the toilet before you go and it traps the smell under
the water.  You can honestly walk in the bathroom right after someone and have no clue
they just went.  Amazing!!  This will now be ever present in our house. 

Merry Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment