Sunday, August 20, 2017

Waterfall Glen

In the spirit of finding fun new places to take the kids, this morning we took a trip to Waterfall
Glen.  It's only a 20 minute drive away, which is really convenient.  I had never been before
but had heard great things and wanted to give it a try.  It definitely did not disappoint.  Tons
of trails (perfect for running if I ever venture back) and easy to navigate with a stroller.  I'm
not going to lie...I thought the waterfall was going to be bigger, but I realized that all I have
to compare it to are the ones I've seen in Hawaii.  I never really took the time to imagine
what a waterfall in Illinois might look like.  Well, here it is...  


The boys loved exploring the trails,



and loved walking on the rocks even more.






It's actually really cool because there is a riverbed that is made up of all rocks.  The boys
spent most of their time jumping from rock to rock and making their way down the riverbed.



And finally, on our way out they got into the true spirit of being one with nature....

No comments:

Post a Comment