Thursday, May 22, 2014

Group Hug

Owen has started the absolute cutest habit every night before bed.  
Our normal routine always started with Ryan reading Owen his books before bed.  When
they were done, Owen would run to me and I'd pick him up to give him a hug and a kiss.
Then I would pass him off to Ryan for his hug and kiss.  

This last week however, Owen has insisted on group hugs.  Our routine starts off the same
way...the story ends and Owen comes running to find me to give me my hug.  But once I pick him up, he only grabs me with one arm and then instructs me, "hug Daddy" at which
point I am supposed to hug Ryan.  I take the arm I am not holding Owen in and wrap it
around Ryan.  At that point, Owen takes his other free arm and also hugs Ryan.  It's the
Kalita group hug.  We hug a few seconds, let go, and then I get the instruction again...
"hug Daddy," and the hugs continue.  No matter what kind of day Owen and I had,
it's all forgotten with the sweetness of his group hug.  We love you buddy.  :)
You are one of the most caring and sweet little boys I have ever met.

  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment