Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!!

For me the best way to spend Mother's Day is spending time with the kids doing things I
know will make them happy.  What better way to start our day than with a delicious
breakfast?  The boys love pancakes and I love any breakfast place where I can order a
White Chocolate Mocha, so Wildberry was my place of choice.  It's one of our favorites.


 Since we were already down in the city for breakfast I thought it would be fun to take the
kids to Lincoln Park Zoo.  Initially I wanted to repeat our beach day from last Mother's Day,
but with Miles crawling all over the place now I figured there would be one too many
mouthfulls of sand to make it a relaxing trip.  Plus, the boys love the zoo.


We started on the farm so they could ride the big tractor,




then made our way around the rest of the zoo.  We even went for a train ride.



The one thing Owen kept asking was to see was the lizards, so I was really excited when
we finally found the reptile house.  Look at how close they got to the crocodile!


It was my perfect kind of day and I am so lucky to be these three little guys' mama!


I am also lucky to have an amazing mom of my own.  She is smart, caring, selfless, 
creative, fun, silly, compassionate and beautiful (inside and out).  She has taught me so
much and continues to be my sounding board when I'm going through a rough time or
simply needing to talk.  She reminds me to relax a little and not to sweat the small stuff.
People are sometimes surprised by how often we drive back to WI, but there is nothing I
enjoy more than spending time with my mom and the people I love.  She's instilled in me
the strong value of family, and that is one of many things I hope to be able to
pass onto my kids as well.  Thank you Mom. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment