Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Flying V

We decided to have a karate themed birthday party for Owen and his friends this year at the
Flying V Martial Arts Studio.  I'd heard great things about the parties there, so I was excited
to give it a try.  We invited a bunch of his classmates and friends, and nearly everyone
we invited was able to make it! 

Since I wasn't having a party at our house and didn't have much else to do to prepare for it,
I decided to spend some extra time on the goody bags.  I went with the karate theme and
made black belt bags, homemade nun chucks, and rice krispie treat sushi.  It was a little
time consuming, but I had fun and was excited with the finished product.





The party itself was so much fun for the kids and so cute to watch.  Owen got to be the
"master" and helped the instructor lead the class.  As they were waiting for all of the kids
to arrive, the instructor sat the kids down and had each one stand up and
say something nice about Owen.


Then when everyone arrived it was time to go over the rules.  Owen honestly was
having so much fun and the party had barely even started.



Owen led them through some stretches,
 


they practiced their punching and kicking,
 






And made sure to keep their focus throughout it all.  "Yes sir!"


They played some games (aka burned lots of energy),



 took a break for cake (aka gained the energy right back),


then it was time to break some boards!

 

Even Joe got in on the board breaking action.
 




It was such a fun party and I loved how they made Owen feel special throughout the entire
thing.  I also was super impressed with the attention that the master commanded from 20
four and five year olds.  The way he kept their focus was amazing.  I actually think I might
sign Owen up for classes because it would be really good for him.
 Thanks for an amazing party Flying V and Super Master Owen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment