Saturday, January 7, 2017

Ice Skating 101

This winter I signed the boys up for an ice skating class.  I was looking for something fun to
keep them busy while the weather wasn't great, so I figured I would give it a shot.  It's a
good skill to have and they could be in the same class with each other.


They had their first class today and it was absolutely hysterical.  Owen was up, then down,
then up, then down.  He wanted so badly to be able to do it that as soon as he fell, he would
pop right back up again.  I was so proud of him for not getting frustrated or giving up.  

Joe was a little slower getting started, but he worked really hard trying to get up on his own.
Then once he got up an instructor helped him move around the ice.  I got their first couple of
minutes on the ice on video and I have to admit that every time I go back and watch it, it
makes me laugh out loud.  The falls are SO funny.  I don't know what's worse, these poor
kids out there trying their hardest to learn, or all of us parents standing behind the glass
laughing at their expense.  It's so hard not to though.  Try, I dare you...

    
 By the end of the class, both boys were doing much better.  
And more importantly, they seem to be having fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment