Saturday, January 28, 2017

Birthday at Grandma's

This weekend was yet another birthday celebration for Owen.  We drove up to WI to
celebrate with my mom, Larry, Hannah, Alex and their families.  My mom does the best job
of making my kids feel extra special.  Friday night was part one of the birthday party.
She made dinner and we sang to Owen and ate cake.








Then it was time to open presents.  Grandma and Grandpa got Owen this awesome castle
with a set of knights and horses that kept him and Joe busy for quite awhile (which is always
a win in my book).  They also got him the Secret Life of Pets movie, which they watched two
or three times by the time we left to come back home.  A few additional games and
workbooks, and I'd say he was one lucky little boy.



Then on Saturday we went to a new restaurant in Wausau called W.O.W. for part two of the
birthday celebration.  It's a place similar to Chuck E. Cheese, but not nearly as crazy.  The
front room is filled with various arcade games that the kids win tickets on.  At the end of the
night they trade in their tickets for prizes that probably cost about 1/20th of what it cost to
win them. 😉 The boys had a blast though and even Ryan and I got in on the action.


Owen's favorite games were the ones where you race or you shoot at things.  They had
an awesome Jurassic Park game and a Ghostbuster game that Owen loved.
I can definitely see us coming back here.

I think we succeeded yet again at making Owen feel super special for his birthday.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!! 💓

No comments:

Post a Comment