Monday, October 13, 2014

Joe's Pumpkin party

This weekend we had Joe's first birthday party.  The theme...pumpkins!


The first step was the invite.  I saw an idea that I wanted to try and it turned out so cute.
Thankfully Joe cooperated with being stuffed into a pumpkin.  ;)


Next step...set the mood.







Finally, make enough delicious food to feed a small army.  I went for a fall theme with
the food and did a soup/chili bar and a mix of appetizers.


And let's not forget my favorite part of the day's menu....dessert.  
I definitely have more fun with the sweets table than with the regular food. 
Pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, Salted caramel apple pie bars,
my grandma's sugar cookies, various pumpkin themed candies,
and a very special smash cake just for Joe.  YUM!!





 Let the party begin!

















 Joe is really curious about everything, so when it came time for his cake I was sure he
would dig right in.  I guess I underestimated his curiousity however, because as soon
as the candle was lit and before I could grab his hand, he went and put the flame out with 
his fingers.  I'm sure it didn't feel great, plus he got startled by everyone else's reactions.
Needless to say, he wanted nothing to do with the cake from that point on. 



Owen and I tried to show him how it was done and got him to play in it a little bit,
but for the most part he wanted to steer clear. 



A brighter note of the party was when it was time to open his gifts.



He had plenty of helpers for this part.




And I'd have to say the big hit was the Curious George jack in the box from
Grandpa Joe and Gigi.  He couldn't get enough of it and was not 
interested in any other gifts as long as that was around.


 At the end of the party we had one tired little one year old.


 Thank you so much to everyone for making this such a special day for our family.  This 
little boy has more love than he could ever ask for.  And a very special thank you to my mom
for all of her help.  The party would never have been so smooth without you.  
I love you very much!!  You are the world's greatest Grandma!!

Happy Birthday Joe!!  We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment