Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts.  I pumped for the first time after this pregnancy, 
went for my first post baby run (with all 3 kids),


and Miles took his first bottle.


While these may not seem like huge achievements, they're big for me.  After pumping the entire first year with Owen, I wanted nothing to do with the pump and bottles once Joe came along.  I was nervous that if I introduced bottles to him he wouldn't want to nurse again and I would be stuck pumping, so I waited and waited.  I waited too long and he never took the bottle.  I nursed him exclusively the entire first year.  Not that big of a deal, but it would've been nice to have someone else give him a bottle every now and then.

This time around I'm trying to make sure I introduce the bottles right away so he'll take them if we need him to.  I love nursing and plan on doing that primarily, but it will be nice to know I have the option for bottles there. Thankfully he took the first one like a champ:)

No comments:

Post a Comment