Tuesday, July 12, 2016

3 Weeks Old

It's been three weeks since we brought Miles home from the hospital and we've been doing
really well.  Ryan decided to take an extended paternity leave this time around which is
awesome.  Not only is it great for him because he gets to spend so much time with the boys,
but it is really helpful for me.  He has been so attentive filling up my water bottle (which is
honestly done a million times a day while I'm nursing), making us breakfast, giving the boys
baths, getting them ready for bed...the list goes on.  I don't know how I would have done it
all without him here.  I'm sure I'd find a way, I probably just wouldn't be as sane. ;)

It's been really fun to watch the three of them together.  They are having a blast.  We've
been hanging around the house a lot and spending most of our time outside.  We blow the
pool up in our backyard nearly every single day and lately there has been a post dinner
water gun ("shoot gun") fight to end each night.  Even Joe, who used to steer clear of the
water, is joining in on the fun.



When the boys aren't swimming, we're hanging out in the front of the house watching them
ride their bikes/cars/scooters/etc. up and down the sidewalk, or chilling on the front lawn.





And Miles is doing what he does best these days...sleeping.  He is such a good baby!  He
sleeps, wakes up to eat, and then goes back to sleep.  He has a few periods per day when
he is alert for a little while and I'll take him outside to lay on the grass and look up at the
trees.  But after a bit he starts to get a little fussy and I know he's ready to go back to bed.



He does OK at night in regards to going right back to sleep.  The problem is he wakes up
every 2 hours which can make for a long night.  He falls asleep while he's eating and
I'm so tired that I let him and decide we should both just go back to bed.  But then he's
hungry faster and is up quicker.  I'm working on keeping us both awake so he can eat longer
each time and hopefully extend those nighttime stretches.  Fingers crossed. 

A few photos of my sleepy buddy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment