Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sandy Fun

I've found something that can keep Owen in one place for over 10 minutes at a time....

The Sandbox!



I took him to the park yesterday afternoon to burn off some energy, and after making countless
laps around the play equipment and numerous trips in and out of the tennis courts, 
the sandbox finally caught his eye.  


One of the other kids was nice enough to share a bucket and shovel with Owen, and he was more than content with just those two things.  I don't think he moved for a good 15 minutes.  In fact, the only reason I ended up taking him out was because he decided it would be a good idea to eat the sand.  After a couple attempts to dump it in his mouth, I figured we'd had enough sand for one day.  He was so covered in it I had to strip him down to his onesie before putting him in the car.  Complete mess, but totally worth it!  Now I can't wait to set up the water/sand
table I bought for the summer.  He's going to love it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment