Saturday, March 20, 2021

Disney Countdown

 Counting down the days until vacation is always so much fun.  One year we tried having it be a total surprise, and it just wasn't the same.  We wrapped up our Disney magic bands as a gift, woke the kids up that morning and had them open it.  I pictured screams of joy, crying, jumping around...nope.  Don't get me wrong, they were definitely excited, but just not the fireworks I imagined.  From then on I decided letting them getting excited and count down with us is totally the way to go.  

So each time we go to Disney I try to come up with some fun countdown to help us all get excited.  One year we made a paper chain.  Another time I put a bunch of balloons on a poster board to make it look like the house from the movie Up.  Each day they popped one of the balloons until there were none left.  They were both fun and served their purpose, but it takes time putting them together.  


When looking at different ideas for this trip I decided to get something we can use year after year.  I looked on Etsy and found the perfect thing.  It's super cute and the boys can take turns changing the number blocks.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment