Thursday, July 6, 2017

River Walk - Take 2

My mom and I felt like getting a little exercise this morning so we thought we would take
our chances and make a second attempt at a walk down by the river.
Though this picture might lead you to believe otherwise, 


 we actually had a really nice walk.


We threw lots of stones in the river and I embarrassingly tried and failed multiple times to show the boys how to skip rocks.  It started to become comical.  If you can imagine, I am standing along side the river and I get the boys to stop what they're doing by telling them to "watch this!" as though I am about to perform some impressive trick.  I then proceed to throw a stone into the water and it plops, then immediately sinks.  What the heck??  I don't remember skipping rocks to be that hard.  I decided it was the angle I was at, because there has to be some excuse, right??  The path is a little above the river so I was throwing down into the river instead of level with it.  That had to be the reason I could only get it to work a handful of times.  Regardless, it only took one time for the boys to think it was cool.
Mom - 1, challenging throwing angle - 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment