Monday, September 28, 2015

My Little Munchkin

It's been lots of fun going to Munchkins class with Joe these past few weeks.  I always see
him around his big brother, so it's interesting to see him interact with others when he's on his
own.  Surprisingly he's very independent.  I'm used to the Joe that clings to my legs and
gets so sad when I walk out of the room.  But when he is in his class, he's perfectly happy
keeping himself entertained without me by his side...and that makes me really happy.
Don't get me wrong, I love how affectionate he is, but I also think it is so important
for my kids to be independent and I love that I'm seeing that side of him.



Occasionally he will play with some of the other kids in the class, but typically they all keep
to their own activities.  It's more about parallel play and exploring at this age then playing in
a group.  It's actually probably a good thing because Joe has become very defensive having
an older brother around all the time.  He knows what is his and you better be careful if you
try to take it from him.  He's not afraid to stick up for himself.  Again, a good thing to some
extent because I want my kids to defend themselves, but we're working on the delivery.  ;)


I'm very happy I decided to do this class with him and I look forward to watching him
grow and explore a bunch of new things over the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment