Sunday, January 27, 2013

Milk and Cookies

Yesterday Owen had his very first birthday party.
I wanted to have fun with it, so I chose a Milk and Cookies theme.


I spent the week leading up to the party cutting out and preparing the decorations,
planning the menu, and visualizing how I wanted things to be laid out.
All the cutting, scoring and stringing was well worth it because I think it turned out great!

We had a Milk Bar,




 And the most important part....the COOKIE bar.


We had quite a few different types of cookies, so I enlisted some help.
My mom made and decorated my Grandma's famous sugar cookies, and Val made her
delicious oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies and lemon ricotta cookies (not pictured). 

 
Then I made some chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes for the adults,


And mini chocolate cupcakes with cookie dough frosting for the kids.
Plus, Owen had his very own smash cake.  :)
 

 We were all excited to see what he did when I put the cake down in front of him.


We had his high chair fully ready for the huge mess we were certain he'd make.
 

 Much to our surprise, however, he wanted very little to do with the cake.
He would touch the frosting, get it on his fingers, and then just try to shake it off.


No huge mess.  No frosting all over the face.  No crazy energy buzz from all the sugar.
We tried to give him a little taste of the frosting, but he wasn't the biggest fan.


He ate one bite of cake, but left the rest which is perfectly fine by me.  I made him a vanilla cake
 from scratch with homemade cookie dough frosting and I will be more 
than willing to finish it off for him.  :)

 The other big hit of the party was the photo collage my mom helped me put together.
I was running low on time so I showed her my idea, gave the the pics and she
helped create this masterpiece.  It was awesome!!


We had 28 adults and 13 kids piled into our house.  
There was definitely chaos at times, but overall it was a great time had by all. 
I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.















 Owen is very excited about all of his amazing gifts,
and wants to say thank you to everyone for coming and sharing his special day with him.


Happy birthday little buddy!!
 

I hope you had as much fun today as we had watching you.
We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment