Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Block Party 2012

Today was the official Fall Block Party for the 500 block of S. Scoville.
We have over 20 kids on our block, so there is always a great turnout.


It was a little chilly out, but between bundling up in warm clothes


and snuggling with his mom and dad,


Owen did just fine.  
 
The block party came complete with a giant bounce house (and an Owen sized one too)
 


and a taco truck.
In case you were wondering, yes, that is exactly what it looks like. 
The truck drove up, wheeled all the equipment out the back
 

And started grilling up meat for tacos right in the middle of our street.


They even pressed and grilled freshly made tortillas.

 
And my favorite part is one of my neighbors shares my love for Coke and stocks
up on the "Mexican" bottled coke made with real cane sugar.
So I broke my no caffeine rule and decided to treat myself.

 
And to cap off the evening, no block party would be complete 
without a bonfire and s'mores right in the middle of the street. 
 
 
We had such a great day and were so happy to meet so many of our neighbors.
I think I could just about tell you the names of every adult who lives on our street.
The kids names on the other hand, I might need another block party for that.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment